hello and thank u for visiting my web page 🤗
sax/bass/drums project w/ Laurie Pitt (Golden Teacher, Modern Institute, Thoth) and Joe Howe (Joe Howe, Ben Butler & Mousepad, Gay Against You).
- live recording included on a compilation by Glasgow label Huntley + Palmers - free download (Jun 2019)
- we were very kindly asked to perform as a backing band for artist jessica higgins for her performance at Outskirts festival in Easterhouse. We also performed a "normal" set at this event (Apr 2019).
- cassette released October 2017 on winning sperm party.
- I painted and hand-sewed 100 cassette covers from hessian sacks that had previously been worn as stage costumes. Buy one / download here.
listen to something
i played synthesiser and contributed to recording and production of this self-produced glasgow 5 piece band
good + thoughtful psych pop from London (now Glasgow-based). i played bass in the live Robert Sotelo Group!
- an album called Cusp came out on Upset The Rhythm in September 2017. i didn't play on it so it's ok for me to say "it's good and i like it"
I played bass for my nice friend Martha Ffion at lots of live dates, an EP and an album:
a solo project built around analogue synthesisers and singing
- gonna end soon but release 1 last tape before it's all over
- music + visual loop for Nowhere To Be Found in October 2017
- included on compilation by Huntley & Palmers in Nov. 2016
- tape contribution to That's Life! exhibition at Good Press gallery in Apr 2016
- song included on I Could Be Your Unicorn cassette compilation on Number4Door in association w/ GSA Queer Society for their launch in Aug 2014
- this all started w a piece called Analog Synthesis Approximations of the Dialogue between Structuralism and Post-Structuralism in Architecture Considered in Relation to Foucault's Principles to the Art of Living Counter to All Forms of Fascism which was performed at Glasgow City Halls in March 2014
heart on sleeve emo band w/ Chrissy Barnacle and Kevin Frew (Halfrican, North American War).
- played first shows early 2019 💀 🤗
- did some recording on kenmure st that will manifest somehow in the coming weeks / months
- Before this, I worked for 1.5 years experience as a full stack developer with with C#, .NET, TypeScript & Angular.
- I'm interested in creative applications of software, digital politics, and interesting ways of thinking about web technology.
MSc Software Development masters programme at University of Glasgow. I got an A average grade. Graduated November 2017.
Automatic Tools for Populating Graph Representations of Multimedia Catalogues: university summer project for the aforementioned masters course.
rolodex: a web app that lets DJs view the contents of a USB drive on their mobile (in development)
- i read some text written by Joe Howe for his contribution to Radiophrenia 2019 - listen
- made some shorties for Radiophrenia 2017 in collab w/ Rachel Woodside. built around story telling and voice-modelling synthesis.
- i recorded and edited Radio Benjamin: Glasgow Constellations, broadcast at pop-up experimental radio station Radiophrenia in 2015
- i was the manager for glasgow institution Subcity Radio from 2013-2014
- notably, undertook a significant visual identity overhaul, revised scheduling and team structure which proved successful
- got lots and lots more contributors, some good press, and increased listeners
- i used to do a radio show w/ my buddy louwheeez called Feka
- i helped establish and occasionally produce the El Rancho radio show on subcity.
I have a degree MA(Hons) Music and I got a 2:1. I graduated in 2014.
i like are.na
i sometimes tweet
miscellaneous things i have done
- release of David Thomas Broughton's Live 2017 (Autumn/Winter Tour) cassette - I played bass on one song (listen) (Jun 2019)
- went to Austin, Texas to perform at SXSW festval and had a blast!
- made a ~40 min video / performance w/ Banana Oil for The Old Hairdresser's GI festival programme (documentation incoming)
- contributed to N.E.E.T. cassette on Glasgow label Akashic Records. I'm on 3 recordings on the tape, from courses completed at Green Door Studio. tape released August 2017.
- Worked for Dear Green Coffee Roasters as a barista / brand rep at lots of events over summer.
- hosted a workshop about making electronic music for new students at Glasgow School of Art (part of Fresher's week).
- exhibited photos, wrote a substantial amount of copy and designed a poster for Not Shy exhibition at The Art School in August 2016
- went to Tafi Atome, Ghana for a month (November) with Green Door Studio on the “Music of the Volta Region” Study Tour.
- Learned lots of drumming, dancing and singing in the styles of Borborbor, Agbadza, and Adeʋu
- visited other parts of Ghana + had a nice time 🏝
- Completed Sonic Youths music production course at Green Door Studio, and used the allocated studio time to record an EP for my band Fields of Mould. This happened in September
- Presented and interviewed a lot of people for a documentary about community radio station Subcity Radio back in July.
- Contributed to Glasgow Open House Festival in the form of Psychecon: Quest for the Golden Egg; a "festival companion" web adventure with significant audio component. This was back in May 2015.
- co-direction and concept for two music videos for the band Poor Things in March. (1 / 2)
- contributed to You Are Here: John Cage Songbooks, an audiovisual installation and performance of John Cage pieces at Scotland Street School Museum, Glasgow in October.
- photo / digital print included in I Could Be Your Unicorn, an exhibition of self portraits by artists who identify as queer, at The Art School in Glasgow in August.
- multiple sound performances at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall as part of the New Music Biennial showcase weekend in August
- did a weird live performance about radio called Human Radio for my Sonic Arts undergrad and got an A2 haha
- collaborative audiovisual work with visual artist Rachel Sharpe featured at Niteflights, part of Glasgow Short Film Festival programme in February.
- Commissioned to perform sound piece Power Relaxation Quest at Glasgow City Halls (part of Glasgow Life's sound lab programme) in October.
- Took part in field recording excursion to Kyle of Lochalsh / Skye with Touch recording artists Jana Winderen and Mike Harding in September.
- Selected photos exhibited at Reprographic, a Glasgow based pop-up exhibition, in August.
- Contributed towards Mechanical Wave, an experimental sound performance that was part of Tramway's Rip It Up season, in February.